[tcb] Re: pictures

  • From: Bob Perring <perring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:55:21 -0600

WOW,
Dan and other - - Sure looked like a fun time.

Mary Beth and I truly do miss Texas and the people we came to seek out
within Texas.

Oh, it'not as though it is a long lost forever, never to be replaced
missing in our hearts sort of absence, rather it is just that we miss so
much of what we enjoyed, and until we start to discover replacements up
here, we feel a bit of a missing in our soul.

Here in the forest - -
Friday, Saturday, Sunday were beautifully full bodied days of warm sunshine
and crisp weather.
Went for a drive in the rolling hills to a pair of towns about 22 miles
South of here where I bought a really fine rebuilt professional model
garden tiller for the "crops", and spent about an hour talking to an old
boy who owns a fully restored Ghia.

Ate some really serious pig meat BBQ at this little hidden among the locals
diner place where you just saturated yourself in the happiness of dancing
smells and wonderful taste. - - - Then on to an auction barn for Mary Beth
to search for that perfect immigrant's trunk to go at the foot of our bed.

Closed out Friday at a beer garden with repeated beers, telling SIU
students about the bus on a repeated basis, with repeated beers creating a
repeating of the repeating.

Saturday, we started out with a beer recovery breakfast at this awesome
little diner where biscuits and gravy come with your order no matter what,
and then went to the final of the season Saluki basket ball game where we
watched SIU claim the conference win.

Sunday - Caught 12 bass from our small lake under more of the wonderful
warm sunshine and crisp weather.

Yesterday - Snow
This morning - 25 degrees and more snow, and awaiting delivery of my tiller.

Bob and Mary Beth