[tcb] Re: parts needed

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:20:52 -0500

the engine was complete when torn down 2 months ago. but if you could make me a check list i will go out to the shop and make sure everything is there.

From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: parts needed
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:10:43 -0500

Unless you have a complete engine to tear down the first Item of business is to find out if everything is there.There isn't much that is more frustrating the to be held up on the assembly than for some two bit part not to be there when it is needed.If head work needs to be done they should go to a builder unless someone in the group has valeguide and valve tools.The heads can be assembled ahead of time.
Are there flywheel shims availabe,washer and dist drive gear,fuel pump push rod,fuel pump flange,fuel line,correct pulleys,thermostat and linkage.intake boots.sparkplugs,Correct V belt and adjusting shims,cylinder head studs, washers,nuts tin screws and what did I forget?Oh well you get the idea.
ole blue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:45:56 -0500

You say you have $1100.00 budget.

You can get brand new 1600 engine from Ronnie for $1450.00.

http://www.type2parts.com/CatTab0-NN4-NF/default.asp?L=4&CAT=480&SC=Y

But then you say you need brakes and tires.
The brake cylinders are about $100.00 for the 8, rebuild kits would be cheaper.....
(69 has no booster)
I would replace all the rubber brake lines as well.

I would see if you can find these tires local to you,(Discount Tires can get them):

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=RA08

I have a set and love them, completely different bus compared to the cheap car tires I had.
(less than $400.00 installed)

I think that leaves $600.00 to rebuild the engine.
Do you have the engine apart?
Can you reuse any of the stuff from the engine?
Do you need a new case?
Is the case needing to be align bored, how do you know?
Is the crank still in spec. or need to be turned?

Than you mention valves and guides, are you going to rebuild the heads as well?
You mention cap and rotor (I would get plugs and wires too atleast) but not what dizzy and carb. you are using.
I am a little confused as to what you have and what you need.............

On Apr 3, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Brian Denning wrote:

for motor:
fuel pump
engine rebuild kit (pistons, cylinders, bearings (Cam & Crank), gaskets, valves, guides)
Oil Cooler
Oil Pump
lifters
push rods
oil pressure sensor
distributor cap and rotar(sp?)
and one heat exchanger.

for brakes:
master cylinder
wheel cylinders (all four corners totaling 8)
shoes (front and rear)
hardware kits (front and rear)

what needs to be added?

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp? cid=3963