[tcb] Re: oil leak

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 01:20:29 -0500

Your oil is being blown out, not leaking. You see the drops of oil when you
park it but that is just the oil dripping from the blow from when the engine is
running. After it sits for a minute it dries up. The dipstick is the only place
it could be blowing out if you engine is as tight as you say. The only other
thing I could think is that your engine is only leaking when the oil is thin
and hot. But that is stupid.
    Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:40:58 -0700
    From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    i have never heard of so many dipsticks having problems.  Uh, maybe I
should rephrase that "I have never heard of so many bus drivers having dipstick
problems."

    singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Brian , you better shim that thing up before you get
      to Hawaii. Seriously though.I had a leak around my dip
      stick and couldn't figure it out . The aluminum part
      that bolts on to the front of the case and you put
      the dip stick in to had cracked. I always thought it
      was one piece but it 's not.

      Paul Smith
      www.23window.com/thezone

      T.C.B.