[tcb] Re: oil leak

  • From: "Christopher Dirksen" <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:44:56 -0600

From oil leak to oil change, I changed to oil in the eskimo and was planning to change out the fluid in the Reduction boxes and trans but once at pep boy's I could not find strait 90 weight where do you guy's get you gear oil from? Oh yea another big thing was the "noise" I had after a 5 minute ride with Sawyer saturday it turned out to be the speedometer cable rubbing the sleeve and with a couple drops of super lube I believe the "noise" vanished. Thanks Mark! I continue to build a list of need items to get old eskimo going strong. Eric have you bought the rivet gun yet? Ha-ha maybe we can work something out "go half's" or something. Still need to fix the latch on the small front window. OK hope everyone had a good weekend.

Oh yea one other thing is that I found one of the screws stripped on the plate holding the oil screen do you thing extra teflon would hold it and prevent oil leaking? Looked tight enough from the other bolts to prevent leaking but it may end up that I'll need to re size the hole and place a larger screw in it, any ideas?

Cajun Eskimo

Christopher Dirksen

I plan to post Emily's Christmas party pic's on the www.cajun-eskimo.com today! Thanks Em and Mark

From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>