[tcb] nother short trip report

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

Saw some more cool bus stuff today at the Classic.  Charlie Hamil invited the
Bakery truck to park in his OCTO display area so we did and didn't have to sit
out in the hot parking lot with every vehicle crammed together.  Had about 20
busses in the Hamil display area including the rarest of the rare single cabs.
Just restored special engine air model with special dust air cleaner and engine
air intake scopes just to each side of the rear window of the cab with special
duct work all the way back to the engine compartment which had no vents in the
body.  Was a factory M code for extreme dust conditions.  Was a 61 and restored
flawlessly with a tilt and NOS factory hoops.  Also some ridiculous asking
prices on busses for sale.  63 panel in much worse condition than the bakery
truck when I started $6,000.  Big engined 23 window barndoor in custom bus
class $65,000.  13 window 63 (I think) very average unrestored asking $40,000.
Pressed bumper 11 window with all seats (57) new
 paint but otherwise not very nice ($22,500).  Needless to say I'm not coming
home with any new busses.

  Now in Yuma AZ for the night.  since we were so far south of LA at the show I
decided for a change of scenery to drop down to San Diego and come back to
Tuscon on 8.  More later.