[tcb] (no subject)

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:58:47 -0600

Denis:
Was going to respond to you the other day but got behind. The holes you were talking about in the cargo floors that are plugged with the little rubber things: It has been my opinion that these guys were simply drain holes. VW saw fit to one; put the holes in there and two; to then fill up the holes with the little rubber plugs. These plugs are the same part that VW used to plug the two apron holes (above the exhaust pipe cutouts and just below the engine opening). I have always wondered why they ever put the holes there in the first place. Anyway, these little plugs are available from WCM and also Wolfsburg West has their own repop ones. Cost is very cheap. Want it like it came from the factory, then buy you a handful of new ones and plug the holes back up. By the way, these plugs are similar to but not exactly the same as the little rubber nipples that plug into a hole in the glove box opening of the Type I that makes the glove box door pop open. Now if you can tell me why they used these plugs you win the trivia prize of the day (which is a guest appearance at a baywindow windshield installing event.)
Sammie