[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:49:39 -0800 (PST)

I was drivin' my 58 bus to Home Depot to pick up some
lumber a year or so ago...guy in the parkin' lot
wanted to buy it...Offered $1,000, I said not fer
sale, offered $2,000, still not for sale...said he'd
go as high as $3,000, STILL not for sale...he gave me
his card in case I changed my mind...tossed it...
Personally didn't think it was worth $3,000, but who
knows these days...
Bottom line, Its MY bus and I ain't sellin' it.  Ever.
My youngest grandson gets it in about 18 or 20 years
(sure as hell won't be his FIRST vehicle to drive!)

--- Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Had to get back with Terry on the bus sale on I-75.
> I knew there was lots
> of demand out there for busses, but being flagged
> down on the interstate by
> a buyer takes the cake.  Reminds me of a story on
> James King a few years
> ago at the Cal Classic swap meet.  James and I had
> both been haggling with
> a seller of a set of fluted bus lens.  I gave up
> because the guy wanted too
> much and wouldn't come down.  James was wearing a
> T-shirt from some rock
> group that was popular at the time.  When I walked
> away the seller was
> talking to James about his shirt.  Few minutes later
> I see James with no
> shirt carrying the fluted bus lens.  He had traded
> the guy his T-shirt even
> swap for the pair of lens.  Does selling a regular
> old 11-window bus on the
> side of the interstate for $4,500 put you in the
> category of James
> King.  No, Terry is too nice of a guy for that.  But
>  it's still funny as
> H_ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!   To heck with the samba.  Just
> park beside the highway
> and put a for sale sign on these things.
> Sammie

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre