[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

Stingers are childish!

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    since i put the stinger on the bus i've noticed a drop
in mileage but i can't seem to not romp on it at every stop sign and get on it
at every green light. :D

---------------------------------
  Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:52:26 -0500
From: sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: (no subject)

I've got a Weber on my 2 liter and it's great. I believe my engine originaly
came with fuel injection but the previous owner changed to the Weber, which is
a very good idea in my opinion. Lot's more reliable. No heat risers though so
it's a little slow to warm up when it's cold (it was a Colorado bus so I'm
surprised he chose this set up).. No problems after I get past the first stop
sign in my neighborhood, it handles the Texas winter really well...I imagine if
it was a lot colder it'd be a hasle. Gives lots of power too, and decent fuel
mileage as long as you don't slam it to the floor all the time haha.

  On 10/23/07, Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     sweet,
he's sending me pics tonight but i think i have already seen it on his samba
pics.

i'm buying it. :D

---------------------------------
  Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:17:50 -0700
From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes.

Brian Denning < i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   will my vacuum advance
dizzy still work with this?

---------------------------------
  From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:45:52 -0500

so it's that good of a power gain then?

i'm pumped for it now. hopefully it's in as good of condition as he leads on
for it to be.

---------------------------------
  Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:39:15 -0700
From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  It always works that way, just like a 4 barrel you have to stay out of the
secondaries. When I had that setup on my bug vert I could get 28-32 miles per
gallon if I drove conservatively. If I was playing then it didn't get as good
of mileage. What you give up in mileage is well worth what you gain in power.

  Just my opinion.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  it's a 1600 with a merged header and a stinger on a 69 westie.

i had one on my 77 and absolutely loved it...only problem is i didn't have heat
risers on it so it was really cold natured.

this one has the risers so hopefully that problem will be resolved.

one thing i do remember is if i didn't stay out of the gas i got terrible
mileage...is that going to be a similar problem here?

---------------------------------
  Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:30:19 -0700
From: fasteddy64@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am almost afraid to answer this one!
What are you driving? What engine?

I had one on my bus, I have a1700 Type IV engine. It worked fine, but I wanted
to go back to dual carbs like it had origianally. So if you want tor try, I
have one here in Abilene I will sell ya!

Ed Maikranz
Abilene TX
75(?) Riviera
84 Vanagon

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:   will this work on my
bus??? will it improve it???

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=520326

http://mail.yahoo.com

---------------------------------
  Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last. Get it
now!

---------------------------------
  Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare!
Try now!

  Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last. Get it
now!

  Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare!
Try now!

  Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power. Play Now!