[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:21:28 -0500

I am glad to hear it is the same one, I was having a hard time getting my head around the possibility of 2 barn door ambulances!
I would have to start hauling around sick people in it to afford it.
I is one of the nicest early buses I have ever seen, you should add it to the S.L. Smith Vintage Collection!

On Sep 8, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Sammie Smith wrote:

That's it.
Sammie
At 09:00 PM 9/6/2006, you wrote:
Dan & I saw a bardoor ambulance at the Mountain View Arkansas show..
I wonder if that was the one.

Katrina

On Sep 6, 2006, at 6:07 PM, Sammie Smith wrote:

Have friend who has a 53 Barndoor ambulance, totally original and
fully equipped, even has the original tires, which he is going to
put on the Samba in a few days for sale.  Asking price $22,000.  If
anyone is interested I will forward his e-mail address.  I have no
idea what an early ambulance is worth but this is probably the
nicest original unrestored ambulances of the split window variety
around anywhere in the world, and it's a 53.
Sammie

Dan & Katrina Martin 1971 VW Bus H.B.B. T.C.B.

http://homepage.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin