[tcb] (no subject)

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:47:45 -0600

Hey group: I'm trying to track down a part for my 60 DD panel van under restoration. Still trying my normal sources but to date I'm striking out. I need the large cargo latch that goes on the front door of the right side cargo doors of a bus and, I think, the passenger door of a crew cab. The part # is 211 841 605A. This is the large latch to which the outside handle attaches. I only need the latch which is a square box attached to the door with 4 screws and has the two levers protruding which attach to the bars that latch the door. The part # is very visable on the outside of this latch. Later models are distinguished with a change in suffixes on the part # to B, C, D, etc. I need the one with A.

Peter, Will or anyone else out there with knowledge on where to find one of these at a reasonable price?

Sammie

PS: I need one that is in good shape and works. I have one now that doesn't work properly. Also, if anyone has any experience on tearing one of these apart and repairing it maybe we could make the one work that I have.