[tcb] Re: new carb

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:55:28 -0500

My last 3 brand new brosal carbs have been leaky pieces of crap. At first I
thought it might be gas additives, so I switched around gas brands, no dice.
After replacing the base gasket every two weeks, I finally realized it was in
the shaft. One is a 34 two were 31's. I got a german rebuilt one on the samba
from a guy who re bushes the shafts and stuff. I haven't run it yet, but he is
supposed to do good work.

A brosal might be ok for an occasional driver, but I'll never again put one on
a daily or high mileage car.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:37:59
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The correct carb for your model assuming it is a single port 1500 is a Solex 30
PICT 1 ( I think).  However, all of the replacement carbs that I have seen in
the past few years are the Bocar/Bosal or something like that which are
supposedly the Brazilian copy of the Solex and it's probably just going to be a
generic equivalent of the 30 PICT 1.