[tcb] Re: new carb

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:52:28 -0500

The carb looks very nicely done. In my experience so far, the guy is honest
about what he does. The brass doesn't look "new", it looks as polished as 400
year old brass could be. The carb looks like I'm gonna be really happy when I
put it on.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:37:59
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The correct carb for your model assuming it is a single port 1500 is a Solex 30
PICT 1 ( I think).  However, all of the replacement carbs that I have seen in
the past few years are the Bocar/Bosal or something like that which are
supposedly the Brazilian copy of the Solex and it's probably just going to be a
generic equivalent of the 30 PICT 1.