[tcb] Re: need song help

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:20:18 -0500

I had to go find the original, un-remixed version to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXZIRh7V1Xk

It's stomped on hard enough that it's still hard to hear.

Ray Davies wrote the beat (and some of the words ripped straight out of 1964)

julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ugh! Play the song through in your head - anything sound familiar? (But do so in your bus, so this still has something to do with buses.)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hurby Azor (Luv Bug) is credited with writing it but Cameron Paul (a
    D.J.) did the remix that actually took it to platinum status. If you
    have an original pressing of the album, before the Cameron remix was
    added, it's probably worth a dollar or three.

    A producer and a D.J./producer. Rock legend?

    julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Oh my gosh, I forgot some:

        Push It - Salt-N-Pepa (Guess the rock legend who gets writing
        credit for this little ditty and I'll give you a cookie at The
        Classic.)  Beast Of Burden - The Rolling Stones
        On The Road Again - Willie Nelson

        On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II
        <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

           That's usually on any mix CD I make.

           I could probably play it loud enough for everyone to hear. <grin>

           Will Wood wrote:

               The Low Rider, rides a little slower..

               - War