[tcb] Re: need gates

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Mark:  Gates are a real problem and I don't think Gearson's gates are worth
nearly what they are asking for them.  It is an item that is findable if you
look hard enough and they are also an item that any good body man can bring
back to life if they are not really far gone.  Usual problem is being bent in
the middle, i.e., not straight, and rust rot in the lower part of the channel.
They have got to be really far gone before I would buy one of the repops for a
replacement at the current asking prices.  A fair swap meet price for one
fairly decent gate is somewhere in the ball park of $200-$250.
  Sammie

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Anyone have any gates for a 68 double cab. mainly need the drivers side.