[tcb] my trip report

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:43:50 -0500

here's my trip report about my bus and me camping and driving and riding in eureka springs in my bus. yep my bus and me, so here is the report about my bus and me. just want to make sure you realize it is about me and my BUS

end rant here we go:

Friday August 24:

i worked from 7:30am to 12pm got off work saw diana for the first time in 4 days(business trip) ate lunch and left hot springs, AR approximately at 2pm. took highway 7 (curvy road i talked about in the psychoblooie report) to interstate 40, where you get run off the road easily, and then highway 23 (again talked about it on the psychoblooie report) all the way to eureka springs.the bus ran great, handled the hills great, handled the curves great, i even had a biker pull off so i could go around. i rolled into eureka at around 5:30ish chilled at the swap meet with my dad who was selling stuff. saw andy and debbie and cute little emily. saw some dac folks as well. basically visited with everyone. Around 7:30 -8ish andy, debbie me and my dad all headed to the koa where we were camping. i was in the lead, andy said he thought we were lost for a while but we made it. i had a slight incident parking the bus this is the best story of the whole trip report. so andy was behind me it was dark and i pulled past our camp spot put the bus in reverse and moved my rearview mirror so the lights weren't shining in my eyes. and proceeded to back up. everything was going good when i felt a little bump. my first instinct was to get a running start becasuse there is a rock hitting the tire but something told me to get out and look cause i might of hit the fence. well, i didn't hit the fence instead i backed square into a tree bending the bumpr into ther rear apron. andy said he tried to use telepathy to tell me to stop that and honk the horn (which doesn't work) but to no avail i hit a tree. denis is now calling me george of the jungle because i hit trees. We drank the troubles away and went to bed.

Saturday day of show:

we got up around 6 i showered we then left for breakfast, we were going to go to the big bisquit place but they didn't open till 8 so instead we went to pancakes. i think that was the official name for it too. we ate the breakfast bar and then went to the show. at the show i saw everyone i knew checked in at the tent got my show package and parked. then i noticed that i was classified as a beetle. so i went to the tent and told dave hiemlen that my bus had a sex change and we got it all straightened out. while at the swap meet i bought a merged header with j-tubes and then went to the roy rogers stand and bought a stinger. yes a STINGER!!! me and a friend instaleld it on the bus at the show. so i had a stinger by parade time. we did the parade dustin from dac rode with me. i was behind the rails everytime they revved there motors i one upped them and revved mine then mine would backfire and scare the crap out of them. got back to the show for the awards ceremony where i discovered i didn't win best paint again this year. (sad) then i went back to the koa and took a shower and met steve, sharon, denis, jan, and many many others at the crazy, flying, mourning, raging, pissed beaver for some dinner excitment. i got my eat on and then visited with bbg mike and various other folks. then we went back to the koa and i met some people from st. louis. the guy had an awesome fasty and his son(i believe) had a nice little vanagon camper conversion. we partied it up with them for a little while and then went to bed.

sunday day after the show

we woke up at god knows what time. left and went to the bisquit place. and ate some huge wonderful bisquits yummy. then we said our good byes to andy debbie and cute little emily and went on our way. the rest of the trip was uneventful really. no problems with the bus, the stinger is annoying and will be comming off this week and getting replaced with either a quiet pack or a glasspack. i got home around 1:30 and took a shower and typed this.

that was aobut the extent of my trip, i'm tired and i am going to go see diana for the first full day in almost 7 days.

till next time folks,

and that was my bus story.

See what you?re getting into?before you go there http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507