[tcb] Re: motor discussion:

  • From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:14:46 -0500

For towing capacity only, though. It feels VERY dangerous going 70mph in a hollowed out brick. Okay, maybe it's nice having the ability to go fast but slow is better all around.

Interesting discussion, though. I did not realize the size of the stroke played a part in torque. Makes perfect sense the way Will explained it. The math is beyond me, though. Kind of like figuring out the trajectory of a satellite while in orbit around the earth.

Denis' 78.4 stroke suggests the need for a mechanic/machinist with integrity. Or at least calibrated tools.

Sorry for the detour. . ..

From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: motor discussion:
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:36:37 -0500

this is coming from mr. subaru motor in my vanagon. ;)

fast cars are typical, fast busses...well there aren't any around here.

From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:32:48 -0500

What? You haven't graduated from that school of thought, yet?

You wanna go fast? Buy a fast car. Busses are a whole different philosophy.

Slow down. Smell the roses. Have a beer.

From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:11:22 -0500

this is why i say way on down the road because i have a hard time tryin' to stop the thing right now. mainly because i have gotten used to power disc brakes and now i am back to old school drums.

the main reason why i want the power is well...there isn't a reason. other than bragging rights, that and will's DC is so damn fun. just picture a loaded westie sitting at a stop light a rice burner pulls up they are laughing at your rusty loaded down westie. you look at the punk ass driving it, his fine lookin' girl friend is sitting next to him thinking about her prom and how she totally won't look fat in her dress. you rev the motor the guy thinks, "ah shit i got this guy" (in my bone stock civic with a fart can) by that time all his little teeny bopper friends are staring from the sonic parking lot. light turns green and he is being laughed at because he got smoked by a 69 westie loaded with an old school eureka vacuum and vintage luggage on top and rusty rockers.

now that you have that in your head think about this. you live down the street from the high school and all the little pricks give you the peace sign, as if that is sooooo original, like i have never seen that before, that sign will soon change to a thumbs up because i smoked johnny football hero infront of the local car hop.

hell yea i want a big motor in the ol' westy.