[tcb] Re: i spoke to soon...

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:05:47 -0600

well crap, my ventalator hose isn't crimped. does this mean i need to put a breather on and vent my valve covers? the crank pulley has minimal oil on it. mainly dried up crusties that were left from when i rebuilt the motor. nothing to fresh.

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: i spoke to soon...
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:01:10 -0800 (PST)

I'm inclined to agree with wuzmop. not enough crank case ventilation causing the oil to seep around the oil slinger on the crank and the oil being slung off of the pulley.

wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote: Is your breather hose crimped? Too much crank case pressure, and the pulley is slinging it up there, or the oil pressure switch is leaking, and the pulley is slinging it up there.