[tcb] Re: how much for a bus bumper?

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:48:13 -0600

Sharon:
Pointy bumpers are correct for the front on 65 through 67 split window bus. These are about $150 per copy complete for an average bumper in a swap meet. A perfect one probably could go for $200-250. Wolfsburg West was reproducing these things at a high dollar for a while. Can't believe they don't have any. Use their catalog for a price even if they don't have any. Check around. The front pointy bumper is not that hard to find. I have two complete ones and am willing to loan the better one to you till you can find a replacement. Also, try the Oakhill guys in Longview and Lee Prayter in Tyler. Also, I know that Don Carter has some busses out there with front bumpers on them.
Sammie

At 12:39 PM 1/16/2006, you wrote:

We have to turn in an estimate for parts on the bus but there are none, no
bumper parts anywhere for a pre 67. Wolfsburg and every other co is sold
out, none anywhere. They aren't actually the correct ones anyways, the 67
are pointed on the end. Does anyone know of any for sale or what they would
be worth if you could buy them? The price has to be very high if they don't
exist. I got $800 for my convertible one, insurance co couldn't find a real
one any cheaper. I'm going crazy with this stuff.