[tcb] Re: help

  • From: Rusty Herring <rustmah1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of Busses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:59:10 -0600

have done as you suggested. still no rear brakes???

If it can happen it will hapen to me????
 Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:42:26 -0800
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: help
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are in Ft. Worth, talk to Steve Chamberlain, he's the bus brake expert.

Seriously now (the above was a joke), sounds like you have not adjusted up the
brakes.  Run the adjustment up on all four wheels to where all shoes are just
dragging good, then bleed them and see what type of pedal you have.  Also, have
you checked the free play between the pedal and the MC, should only be like 2
or 3 mm, but I would have to look it up to be sure.  But if the pedal has to
move a long way before engaging the MC you will get the problem of which you
speak.

Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:54:41 -0600
Subject: [tcb] Bus sighting
From: evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the admirals club at LAX there is a large photograph about 4 by 6 on the
wall.  It is a photo of the desert southwest, possibly Mexico, with a 70s bus
in it driving on a dirt road.  Lime green and yellow.