[tcb] Re: fuel reserve

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:46:29 -0500

You can probably order one. My 62' has just the curved fitting. I always thought it would be cool to have the reserve tap. If you have the tap does that mean you have the knob and cables to open it with? If you pull knob and cables out I might be interested in it.
Wolfgang has fuel taps w/no reserve for $11.

Brian Denning wrote:
pulled my tank last week, it's very clean in there, just a black powder from old gas, so i flushed it out, and from what i see, no rust inside, which is amazing since it's been parked since 1982. question. Fuel Reserve, i know it's not a wonderful idea, but is there a way to get rid of that? just run some sort of small nipple fitting on the bottom of the tank and eliminate the reserve? i've always carried a can of gas with me everywhere i go, and know the rule of "every 200 miles fill up" how can i get rid of this thing?

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290>