[tcb] Re: find a sc and then set it free

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 06:54:30 -0700 (PDT)

Darn:  And I thought that Joe simply had his stomach too close to the steering
wheel.  Now I understand that it's VW's fault for building the steering wheel
too close to the stomach.  Please apologize to Joe for me, I thought he had
something to do with it.

singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Just goes to reintegrate
what we've been saying ...
we're in good company around here , and everyone drive
a bus .. except Joe .. and he had the steering wheel
problem are he would have probably bought a bus... you
know the one where VW put the steering wheel too close
to the seat?
--- sammie smith wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words Shirley. I'm now an
> official SOB guy (save old busses). I'll do just
> about anything to make sure these guys don't go back
> across the Atlantic, particularly to those Limeys.
> And you are right, Terry and Larry or just about the
> 2 nices guys around, um well there is also Paul and
> Joe of course.
>
> shirley hall wrote:
> Sammie,
>
> Now that's a really cool. You know they were so
> pleased. I'm sure they will do a great job on the
> truck. Now that you don't have one to work on, you
> are welcome to fill that void with woking on one of
> my busses. Look forward to seeing it at T@TP. Hope
> to have my sc ready by that time. By "ready", I
> mean just to it get it road worthy. I felt I needed
> to clarify that for sammie. Yeah Paul, there need
> to be more trucks at shows. Two years ago at the
> Volks Folks Show, my dad saw a doublecab for the
> first time. He was impressed by what he thought was
> "ahead of the times" third door. He wondered why VW
> was not producing them again with all the truck
> sales. I agreed.
>
> Hope to get Bust-Her back home today. Terry and
> Larry have finished putting in the rebuilt tranny
> for me. They are really great guys! I'm excited to
> have it back.
>
> Is anyone interested in the Kerrville music fest?
> Sharon and I made plans to go. We'll be there the
> second weekend of the fest: June 1,2,3. There are
> several busses that come every year. Here's a link
> to the web page
> http://www.kerrville-music.com/
>
> again, great job sammie,
> shirley