[tcb] Re: engine/clutch

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 05:40:13 -0800 (PST)

Will:  Do you always do what your wife wants?               Well, if not, YOU
BETTER!

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  Denis you're waay to nice of a guy to
get stressed.

The Bowden tube puts tension on the clutch cable and helps to prevent clutch
chatter.

I spent yesterday working on a ghia and the fastback...

The ghia left us stranded Friday night after a clunk and no more steering on
SH121, officially the busiest in the state. Did I mention that I hate ghias but
the wife wanted it.

After waiting for an hour and a half we had it on the flatbed. I thought it was
ball joints but after tearing into it the driver's side spindle busted right
after the threads for the wheel bearing adjuster. So ball joints, tie rods and
a new spindle. It's a case of the might as wells.

Then I worked on the fastback. Oil cooler leak. The DPO Macguyverd the mounting
and a first.. Fiberglass insulation on the oil cooler to seal the airflow. Doh!

Now that's fixed but I decided to change the oil and install a sump I had.
After installing it out comes the oil from on top of the sump... !;:/@+#* so I
get to tear into that tonite..

Lesson? S##t happens and nothing can ever be ruled out.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile