[tcb] Re: dusty conditions scoops

  • From: atx <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:57:19 -0700 (PDT)

The following link is a good read, IMHO.  The third column in the page
discusses Aussie buses and some of the dust issue previously mentioned.

http://books.google.com/books?id=8rk-xKaI4g0C&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=VW+bus+Australia+dust&source=bl&ots=vXu6GbcpXj&sig=JKjREQIxDhzgSPTnTkrQRzdVpzo&hl=en

Sorry to hear about your bud, Ronnie. Glad their okay.

Jeff

sent via iPhone

On Aug 31, 2009, at 2:53 PM, "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

who knows.  There are a lot of strange variations that weren't "m-code"
specials based upon regions.  Some South African busses I've seen had the
batter shields on the inside behind the engine air vents to deflect dust as
well.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I'm not sure.  Don't really think this M Code was designed for the Aussies
because they had some of their own set ups, plus it was an M code you could get
on any SC shipped anywhere.  Have read some of the stuff that the Aussies did
to the bus but don't think this was one of them.