[tcb] Re: doggleg repair

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:03:50 -0500

well, i started doing it the wrong way (fiberglass mat and por15) but then when i skim coated the leg and started sanding i sanded through the fiberglass so i decided i better do it the right way. there is a thread on the samba where a guy did it but i don't see how it welds to the b pillar. that is the only trouble area...the rest is just a whole shitload of spot welds.

From: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: doggleg repair
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:58:14 -0500

No, we were waiting for you to mess it up so we can see what not to do.LOL

Take pic's so we can see how it's done.

Quoting Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> has anyone here done any dog leg replacement surgery on there bus? my main > question is how does it weld to the pillar just behind the door? i don't see
>
> any spot welds, mainly because there is a big mess of rubber undercoating on
>
> it. any help would be awesome.
>
> thanks,
> brian

> Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route!
> http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=yp.bars~yp.pizza~yp.movie%
20theater&cp=42.358996~-71.056691&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-
1000&scene=950607&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01

See what you?re getting into?before you go there http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507