[tcb] Re: crazy story

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:36:57 -0800 (PST)

They looked like a Detroit designer had tried to redesign the Corvair into a
4-door sedan.  All the ones I saw when they came out (71 I think) had auto
transmissions, and they generally had lots of cutomer complaints about lots of
things, mechanicals inlcuding the engine.  Take the 1.7 engine, put air
conditioning on it, couple it to an auto trans and put it in a 4-door Corvair
and see what you get.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  what made them so
crappy...similar to the rabbit experience or what? was it
the type 4?

>From: sammie smith
>To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [tcb] Re: crazy story
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:57:30 -0800 (PST)
>
>They are pretty rare ok, cause they were a piece of crap and they didn't
>sell any of them.
>
>Brian Denning wrote: so one of my customers
>at work saw my new dac calander and was like hmm vw's
>then he rolled his eyes. i was like don't knock the vw till you really get
>to know it. he said he worked for vw in the 70's i was like really. he said
>that the main thing he built was the 411 and 412. :-0 how crazy is that
>those are pretty rare now aren't they?

>Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your
>Live.com page.
>http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo ? buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06