[tcb] Re: condenser and heated brain farts

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:56:25 -0600

It's the whole exposed area of the fuel tank where the nipple sticks
out that gets heated. Weather turned cold again so I haven't gotten
under there to see if it was hot enough to warp the fuel filter. I know
my beetle could melt sneakers left on the back floorboard in the winter.

I'm putting the old tube back in and ordering a new pair (at twenty
freaking five dollars each for a plastic tube) and some barrel nuts to
go ahead and hook the heat back up.

I looked at some Cool-Tech stuff but all AutoZone had was the adhesive
backed stuff (like shiny tape) and they wanted $20 for the package they
had. I'd rather put the heating system back together.

G2