[tcb] Re: brake fluid question

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:20:26 -0500

i will blame this on the tree incident...the same tree that lost me the best paint award at the show.

seriously, looks like i'll be doing some brake repairs. i will take the wheel to the pressure washer car wash place and blast it clean and rattle can it.

thanks for the answers, although it wasn't the answer i was hoping for it was the answer i was expecting. :-(

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: brake fluid question
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 07:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

Brake Fluid will remove paint faster than paint stripper. it will also leach into the metal and cause it to rust. you will need to clean it with a good brake cleaner and prime and repaint.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: can brake fluid remove paint???

here is why i ask. i was getting the vacuum and luggage off the bus last
night and noticed a white streak on my right rear tire. well upon closer
inspection the paint on the wheel was all gooey and crinkly and wet. it was
only on the outer part of the wheel, not in the center area around the
hubcap. i also noticed that on my drive home from eureka that my breaks
started to get a bit squishy. i am thinking wheel cylinder and fluid is now
spraying on the rim causing the paint to turn into a gooey substance and run
off the tire.

does this sound about right? if so looks like i'll be fixin' a wheel
cylinder or a line or something

bus has all rubber lines on it already.

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!

Now you can see trouble?before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507