[tcb] and yet another short trip report!!! OCTO and VW Classic

  • From: Biggestdaddyo <biggestdaddyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for the delay folks! Sammie's report jogged my
memory!   Attached is a report I posted on our VOSA
site, enjoy!
James Oliver

http://www.vosaclub.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3848

--- sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Saw some more cool bus stuff today at the Classic.
> Charlie Hamil invited the Bakery truck to park in
> his OCTO display area so we did and didn't have to
> sit out in the hot parking lot with every vehicle
> crammed together.  Had about 20 busses in the Hamil
> display area including the rarest of the rare single
> cabs.  Just restored special engine air model with
> special dust air cleaner and engine air intake
> scopes just to each side of the rear window of the
> cab with special duct work all the way back to the
> engine compartment which had no vents in the body.
> Was a factory M code for extreme dust conditions.
> Was a 61 and restored flawlessly with a tilt and NOS
> factory hoops.  Also some ridiculous asking prices
> on busses for sale.  63 panel in much worse
> condition than the bakery truck when I started
> $6,000.  Big engined 23 window barndoor in custom
> bus class $65,000.  13 window 63 (I think) very
> average unrestored asking $40,000.  Pressed bumper
> 11 window with all seats (57) new
>  paint but otherwise not very nice ($22,500).
> Needless to say I'm not coming home with any new
> busses.
>
>   Now in Yuma AZ for the night.  since we were so
> far south of LA at the show I decided for a change
> of scenery to drop down to San Diego and come back
> to Tuscon on 8.  More later.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/