[tcb] Re: an interesting extraction

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm!  Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but sounds like one E brake
cable broke and not the other.  This would mean that the e brake is holding on
the side that is not broken, which it should.  You can drive it as is and only
have a functioning e brake on one side or get on the phone and order a new one
from Wolfsburg West (they should have them in stock) and replace it when it
comes in.  The replacement is about an hours job.

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Thanks Ken and Denis, I know there are some issues with year model changes
and the vw folks using up things on hand from previous years.

On the hand brake,  one of my cables snapped last night after I tested my
brakes and parked the bus in the garage.  The brake is still preventing
movement when engaged.  I don't know if I have time to fix this since I will be
out of town this weekend.  Does this pose a short term problem?

FareChase.