[tcb] Re: an interesting extraction

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:33:03 -0500

Yeah, I've had that happen too!
Scared the hell out of me!

Mark Sawyer wrote:
My concern would be where the cable broke at and is it going to come loose inside the drum and get wedged between the drum and the brake shoe. I have had this happen while going down the road. It's a real rude awakening. If you don't have another cable right now, I would remove what remains of the broken cable from inside the drum.

*/sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Hmmm!  Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but sounds
    like one E brake cable broke and not the other.  This would mean
    that the e brake is holding on the side that is not broken, which
    it should.  You can drive it as is and only have a functioning e
    brake on one side or get on the phone and order a new one from
    Wolfsburg West (they should have them in stock) and replace it
    when it comes in.  The replacement is about an hours job.

    */ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        Thanks Ken and Denis, I know there are some issues with year
        model changes and the vw folks using up things on hand from
previous years.
        On the hand brake,  one of my cables snapped last night after
        I tested my brakes and parked the bus in the garage.  The
        brake is still preventing movement when engaged.  I don't know
        if I have time to fix this since I will be out of town this
        weekend.  Does this pose a short term problem?

        Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47094/*http://farechase.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFicDJoNDllBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwMxMwRzZWMDZ3JvdXBzBHNsawNlbWFpbC1uY20->
        with Yahoo! FareChase.