[tcb] Re: an answer to sammie's hot vw's question and the maiden voyage)

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Well, they wouldn't turn and they wouldn't stop and the suspension on all the
muscle cars from the factory made them handle like pigs and that's the best
name we could come up with.  I could take one on a winding twisting road like
the "pig trail" in Arkansas in a 40hp VW while getting 30 mpg to their 4mpg.
The horrendous construction quality, the dismal handling. along with super poor
fuel mileage of the American cars of the 50s. 60s and 70s is what got me into
European cars in the first place, primarily VWs and Porsches.  A friend of mine
in his 65 vette on a trip down the Arkansas pig trail in the late 60s could not
keep up with me in my Manx with a bone stock 40 hp.  And his wife got car sick
with him trying to keep up.
wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:    Well, I don't think anybody would trade for something
they were prohibited from selling, but heck a 70 Cuda would be ragin'. Back A
Ruda???