[tcb] a friday life story by brian

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:58:15 -0500

So, it's been a while since I have written a blog so I decided to write one today and boy do I have a good story to tell...lets get started.<br><br>I live in a house that was built in 1959 then remodeled in 1972, then had a new deck built in the early 80's. The deck was built by my father-in-law during a tried time in his life. The deck runs the entire length of the house, it's circled in red below:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view&current=Picture-1-2.jpg

So now that we have our bearings set let's continue with the story.

The deck was built in 19whatever and wasn't built as a permanant structure...so i find out after buying the house...the stairs have always been wobbly the deck shakes back and fourth and is nailed to the house using ten penny nails and four, count'em, four 4x4 posts. that's it. stairs nailed to the deck, no screws anywhere on the deck.

Well guess what the stairs are about to fall off so i go to home depot and buy some bolts and nuts and washers and go home and i change into my workin' man clothes instead of my daily threads cause i am going to work on the bus when i get done with this easy chore. for all the grammer people out there i just realized i quit capitalizing "i" oh well. so i change my clothes poop cause i am regular like that and put on my crappy shoes...yes i litterally mean crappy i stepped in some of graces poo the other day and i have failed to wash it off. and i set off to do the job i need to do. so i am walking the dogs are running up and down the stairs. i take my first step onto the stairs and KABOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! <---with that many o's and m's too. the stairs fall i cling to the deck trying to save my life, freckles is attacking the fallen stairs grace is hunched down in a corner scared shitless and i am dangling from the deck. well...i slowly lower my self down so i can get off the deck and onto the floor. I was one lucky guy (hey i capitalized i....shit i forgot again) i only scrapped my arm and that's it....well that and the damn homedepot bag ripped spilling all the nuts and bolts into the grass...which needs to be cut.

Well i nail the steps back together drill holes in the trussles and bolt the stairs directly to the deck, then i bolt a 4x4 to the stairs and run it to the ground so it is supported. this seems to of stabled the deck for now. but this winter...after the kitchen project is done i will have to tear down the deck before it hurts someone besides me.<br><br>Oh, and if that isn't bad enough i bought some bolts to bolt the rear apron onto the bus the right wa and i bought the wrong size so i give up on that it will just be held in by the two screws i have in it right now.<br><br>now that you all are feeling sorry for me and are sad due to the dramatic story i just wrote you can be cheered up by the dancing three:

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/?action=view&current=Picture-1-1.jpg

Now you can see trouble?before he arrives http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507