[tcb] Re: Why so quiet?

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:21:01 -0800 (PST)

I believe Murray will start on the first try and purr like a kitten. Good Luck!

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          I know why it is quiet here, 4-5"
snow. Schools are closed, Jan is home and she and all the dogs are sleeping.
The roads are covered so there is almost no traffic. I didn't even wake up
until 11:00 AM, a new personal best.

  I think the engine is going back in Murray today, in about an hour, depending
on how well I do with the wiring. Confidence is better, but still low, just too
much work done to expect him to just fire up on the first try. Chances of a
fire or explosion is not too high. Probably, what will happen when I turn the
key will be...nothing.

  I believe that anyone who does the bulk of the work will relate to how
working on the heart of the bus is just like working on household electrical or
plumbing; it never works the first time. You turn it on and have to shut it off
immediately because crap goes everywhere or something snaps or nothing happens,
which is just as bad.

  Back to work, I am way behind schedule.