From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Feb 1, 2011 2:38 pm
Subject: [tcb] Which one?

On Thursday I will work half day and then drive up to Dallas to yes once again
ee The Flaming Lips and then make it back to Austin to work on Friday.  But
here's a big decision to be made, which VW is best up to the challenge. Donner
s leaking engine and tranny oil, he needs an alignment, and he makes a small
ollection of strange noises, but he is good at taking me places and has
onderful disc brakes.
Wieder the zebra Bus has two snow tires at this point (and I can get two more
omorrow if I want to pay a pretty penny, is it really going to snow anyways?)
e has a new engine, he makes no strange noises and he does not leak any fluids.

 was told to change his tranny cuz he was growling but on further inspection
is throwout bearing and flywheel nut were trash and his rear main engine seal
as leaking but those problems have been addressed and he doesn't growl
urrently.  His heat works better than Donner's but he is still without glass in
is sunroof, I figure I can tape some plastic up there to cut down the breeze.
e is not tried and tested though.
And then of course I can borrow my mom's '67 Beetle. Yes the same one that gave
e so much trouble yesterday.  I ended up having her towed, she was beyond a
arking lot repair, my mechanic finished working on her at 11:45 last night.  I
ot home at 1ish this morning and she drove well.  Her heater cables aren't
urrently hooked up, I suppose I could fix this before the trip. And like Wieder
he is not tried and tested.  I am not experienced at driving Beetles but I
ssume that they handle the wind better than a Bus.
I think I am going to try and take Wieder.
Julie