[tcb] Re: When in doubt - take the bus

  • From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:00:35 -0700 (PDT)

I bet the kids won't forget that trip.

Julie Maroney <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Our journey across the
country to get our kids to NY is being done in a Suburban.  I wanted to take
the bus but was out voted by my family members.   In AR we left the beaten path
of the highway to get some great BBQ in the middle of nowhere.  It was a rush
against the clock to get there before the 8:30 closing time.  At 8:25 as our
Suburban turned into the parking lot, it died!  Lucky for us a policeman was
near and helped to push it off the road while I dashed to the get some dinner
but the freakin' door was already locked.  I pounded on the door and then told
them of our bad situation and they let me get some sandwiches.  Tow truck ride
with a guy named Bopper - hotel - repair shop - wrong part came from Little
Rock - mechanic had to drive to Little Rock and back (3 hour journey) to make
sure he got the right part - new gas pump installed - 2:30 pm we set back out
on our journey - back on the highway, 2 exits later
 (about 40 miles), we stop to fill up - gallons and gallons of gasoline poured
all over the ground at the gas station - lots of police and fireman came and
cleaned up the mess - another tow truck ride back to the repair shop - they
forgot to install one of the parts of the fuel pump kit - back on the road at
5:30 pm - drove straight thru, no time left for hotel stops - we arrived in
Ithaca in 1 piece.

As far as bus sitings - nothing in TX, AR, TN, OH or PA.  In NY, I saw 2
vanagons both happy and driving and 2 bay windows that were parked but both
were in great shape and looked to be drivable.  In CT, there was another bay.
It too looked great but the back license plate said Bahamas and the front one
said Florida.

Julie

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.