[tcb] What size engine for the '59?

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:46:12 -0700 (PDT)

I just got off the phone with Ronnie in AZ. I ordered my belly pans and bumpers
and we discussed the kind of engine I'd be putting in the Bus. I told him I'd
like to stay as close to stock as possible. I plan on using the split case
tranny and was thinking of rebuilding the engine that came with it (not
original).
He said that a 36 horse with counter weighted crank and increased compression
ratio could be a nice runner. 3600 RPM all day long.
The one in there now is a single port but that's all I know about it. Even
though I have a "Slow Moving Vehicle" magnetic sticker for the back, the
thought of only going 50mph scares me.
Thoughts?
Thanks!