[tcb] Re: What about me?

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:06:11 -0500

i would think your tv of sorts would hurt over the little 15" tv but whatever.
oh and i love you denis. :-)

From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] What about me?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:51:53 -0500

So with all this saddness in the family the real important question arises: WHAT ABOUT ME?!

I know some of you think I have it easy, but you would be wrong! I forgot the antenna to my Sirius Satellite Radio so I had to listen to ordinary radio for my whole trip! Well, until I saw a new slimmed down receiver at Walmart (probably made by cold and naked 7 year olds in a Korean prison, but hey, the price was right). Then my MP3 player started acting up and I had to yell at the girl at Circuit City until they gave me a new one.

I won 3 trophies at Paul's shows. I would have won 4 but they gave my second "longest distance" one to a guy from Tulsa. Some loophole that he actually drove his bus. If I wanted to be picky I could have asked for "longest trailered". At least I won more than Everette. By the way, he finally gave me the catologue number for the weatherstrip rubber, but I wrote it on the back of my ballot and then I dropped it in the ballot box...He gave the number to...Ronnie?... I need it, again.

The VOSA show was in a terrific site. Paul needs Allan to teach him to drive.

I ate seared fois gras with a raspberry BBQ sauce and chicken fried oysters, a delicious roasted chile relleno, (not fried) at Mi Tierra's, all kinds of stuff from Central Market...

Speaking of Mi Tierra's, when we had dinner there, Steve's third world friends won both the prizes. I think they were totally mystified. Do Americans often win inexpensive clothing at dinner?

I found that a person can easily fit two full sized grandfather clocks, a heavy wooden dining room table with the leafs removed and five big boxes full of glassware in a splitty bus. Try that in a Dodge Caravan. I loaded it and five more plastic storage bins, an antique ice box and a sewing machine onto the trailer. For the first time the big Toyota knew that it had a load.

Jan had earlier asked if we could have sheetrock or something put on the walls downstairs, in the theater/my room. I came home to find that Travis, my homebuilder worker bee, had taken my instructions to "panel in the walls" to mean "strip out the entire room completely, put everything I own out onto the driveway under a tarp, and install all new wall studs, canister lights in the ceiling, build in surroundsound speakers with central junction boxes for all electronic connections including telephone and network, re-rout the heat/AC ducting and put down an epoxy floor" I nixed the floor idea. I have to feel like I am in charge.

But since he had to rip out all the wiring, I have NO TV! I had to watch 60 minutes on Jan's little 15''. It made my eyes hurt.

And the refrigerator in the kitchen is DEAD. Muerto. Has been since I left. Under warrantee, I get a new one, but not until tomorrow.

Do you know why I can't have one today? 'Cuz nobody loves me, that's why