[tcb] Re: @WL Re: HEY! PSYCOBILLY ALERT!! WE MUST DECIDE!!!

I actually own both sides of the road at the top.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Sawyer
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:07 PM
  Subject: @WL [tcb] Re: HEY! PSYCOBILLY ALERT!! WE MUST DECIDE!!!

  I think you should put in a toll booth like in Blazing Saddles to keep all
the ruffians out of town. Everyone remember to bring a dime!!! Let's just not
recreate the campfire scene. If you know what i mean.

  Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    This I what I think is going to happen and when.

    Saturday, July 1, WV Show

    Air-cooled will be around Chad's Stop and Shop.

    Water-cooled will be across the road and about 100 yards away at Mr.
Perry's car wash. Chuc k Blue will be in command as to what activities they
have. I would expect wheelies and rubber burn out competition. If not very many
wc show up we will absorb them in to Chad's.

    Directly across the road at my old garage (with the working lift) will be
the swap meet and tech meeting site.

    There will be a VW camper cook-off. Any dish is allowed as long as it is
prepared with tools and appliances that fit in the camper. You can cook on a
BBQ as long as it came to the show in and came from inside the camper. You can
broil a chicken or do Chinese in a wok. You can grill steak or make Ice Cream.
A jury of 5 people will be picked by drawing straws among volunteers. The award
will be at 1:00 PM

    Show judging will be by done by popular vote, "peoples choice", the way
Paul does it at his show. I'm too tired right now to write down all the
classes, you guys can help me there.

    Any club that wants to will be invited to make a trophy and bring it to
give to the car that they like the best. There will be no limiting of how they
reach their conclusion, they will just award their trophy, that they made, to
whomever they wish.I would hope there will be 4 or 5 of these and their
trophies will make everybody laugh or go, "Ooooo".

    The award presentations will be at Chad's ( the water-coolers will all
drive down and we will all crowd in ) at 3:00 PM.

    THE PUBLICITY TO THE PUBLIC AND THE CLUBS WILL NOT NOT NOT MENTION THE
CAMPING AND PA RTY AT MY HOUSE. I AM AFRAID THAT IF IT IS PUBLICIZED AND OPEN
TO THE PUBLIC IT COULD EASILY GET OUT OF HAND. We can publicize that overnight
arrangements can be arranged. We have about 2 acres around a house I own behind
the garage. It is across the road from my house, 6/10 of a mile away. I don't
think that we can practically patrol or control what goes on up there. So, if
people we trust in need a place to camp they can be invited to my house or
allowed to stay at the other house, but not a whole army. OK? People are free
to invite people they trust and will be responsible for to come down to my
house for the Saturday night extravaganza. I think my property will support
about 30-35 busses if we count about 10 primitive camping spots. Almost none
are level. Since we are still building out here there are lots of 2x boards
around for leveling. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TOTALLY CHANGE THIS RULING AT ANY
TIME. If, say, the Busketiers, want to come en mass and want to camp, then we
WILL make the house at the top available to camping as they will police
themselves. I hope this makes sense, the question is one of security.

    Sunday, ah what about Sunday? At Paul's we simply pick the twigs out of our
hair, brush our teeth and, if we move our busses at all, it is 30 feet to your
show spot and Bob's yer Uncle, a show happens. Well, at my house we are going
to the jammed together like Neil's bus on the way to a swap meet. I can't
imagine that people are going to want to pack all their stuff and drive to the
top of the hill to have a Sunday bus show. I know Dan won't. He wants us to
have a show Sunday, but he doesn't want to have to move. And we can't have a
public show at my house, there is no parking, and they ain't going to park at
the top and walk 6/10 of a mile to come to my house. So, if anybody has any
genius input on that I could use an idea or two.

  Otherwise, we will get up whenever our hangovers let us, have good coffee,
that someone will make BEFORE I WAKE UP, and have a leisurely brunch and if we
feel like it, at some point we can take a cruise through the beautiful NW
Arkansas countryside. After that people will be free to stay over another night
and do whatever they want or they can go home or, hell I won't care by then
I'll be dead.

  OK, now it's your turns.