[tcb] Re: Vinyl LPs

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

We get LP's in at Half Price Books all day long
everyday...I bring a boat load home just for the art
work.  They make frames just for the album covers,
they do look pretty good on the wall...
We usually pay an average of 10 cents per. IF they
aren't scratched up...
Some, however are actually worth BIG bucks, but for
the most part, they just get recycled...its kinda
sad...
Got any early Elvis or Beatles (original pressings),
they seem to be the ones collectors are most
interested in...
--- sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a bunch of vinyl lp's in a collection that my
> wife had.  I have no interest in them and would be
> glad to dispose of them to a collector for a fair
> price if anyone knows anyone who would have some
> interest.  I don't want to mess with trying to sell
> them on ebay.
>
> j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Who
> still plays their vinyl records? I started
> converting mine to disk
> today. Man, there was some great music produced in
> the '60s, '70s and even
> 80's. I started with the Climax Blues Band 'cause I
> wanted to listen to a
> Son House blues tune they covered: Grinnin' In Your
> Face.
>
> I also converted Wishbone Ash simply because I was
> talking about them a few
> weeks back with a buddy. Remember them competing
> with Blue Oyster Cult as a
> heavy metal band?
>
> Vinyl music would be perfect road music, don't you
> think?

> Don?t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other
> great prizes from Microsoft
> Office Live

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/

TV dinner still cooling?