[tcb] Re: VW Quiz

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

The old 8N!  Was a one-mule farm tractor.  They touted it when introduced as
replacing one mule, that is, it would farm a 40 acre farm, which is what one
mule could handle.  Buy an 8N and retire your mule.  The reason I have so many
hours on a popping Johnny B is that they were great tractors for mowing hay.  A
7' sycle blade and you could run it wide open in top gear with the PTO running
fast enough with its gearing to mow the hay.  Most tractors would not do that.
I have mowed close to 40 acres of hay in a day running daylight to dark
standing up on the thing and running flat out.