[tcb] Re: VW Quiz

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 20:54:36 -0400

The 8N or the 600 Jubilee were better for smaller tracts of land.  I've had
one of each of those too.    That Johnny Pop would sputter and Pop, I had a
Series 60 with the wide track front end.  That and the live PTO made it a
great machine.

I've had a *few* tractors but wouldn't consider myself a sod farmer.  A long
time ago, I bought some land from a relative.  On it was a 1940s Oliver that
he'd owned.  It had caught fire when he was using it one day so it sat.  I
was clearing the land, so I drug it off the property with a chain and put it
on a family lot nearby.  About a month
goes by and a guy calls me and asked me what I wanted for it.  Mind you,
this had four flats, was burned (rusted up);  I let him take it.  It's now a
show winner in the inter-mountain west, go figure..

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx