[tcb] Re: Two wheeler bus?

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

Damn Denis:  You and I must think alike.  Do you have a degree in philosophy?
We both sit around and think up all of these neat responses to the high tech
questions.  I think you should not do it to Murray.  Just find you a beater bus
and cutting torch and go for it.  Narrow the center so that it is only 3' wide,
pick some really WIDE wheels with about 12" tread width tires like on the rear
of some of custom harleys and I think it would work.  Have seen a narrowed bug
so that it was only one person wide but he retained all 4 wheels.  I think it
would work with only 2.  And with 20" wheels think of the ground clearance!

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          I am thinking of making my bus,
Murray, into a two wheeler. I have never heard of anybody doing this, but I
thought it might be cool. Would it cut down on wind resistance and make me get
better mileage?  One problem I haven't worked out is how could I keep it
upright when not moving forward. I would need a really really big kickstand.

  Should I use the reduction boxes?

  Off roading would be good and I could do some ramp jumping like Evil Kneavle.

  Has anybody else ever tried this?