[tcb] Re: Two questions

  • From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:44:36 -0400

If that thing is running on that bad, I think you have a timing or a heat
problem. Also try a better grade of gas. I've never had one run on with or
without that plunger.

You can do the genny without pulling the engine.Just takes some wiggling.
Before you do anything though, press on the brushes.

From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Two questions
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 2:50 AM

1. Generator stopped working again. What's the easiest way to clean the
rotor without losing a finger or 3? Not ready to pull the motor to swap
in the spare generator. Looking for new brushes locally but they're
special order and/or $12/set (under $3 online).

2. Best tune up practices to stop "run-on" after a long drive when
shutting down and when running with a clipped off idle-air cutoff
solenoid? I just can't convince myself to pay $30 for what should be an
$8 part and used to be a $2.50 part. Especially not when current Q/C
levels mean i"ll probably need another one in 6 months when the new one
fails.

G2