[tcb] Traveling in the UK

Hi Jeff-

Well, it's not really VW-related, but I'm told that a trip to the
International Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham (not far from the airport)
is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see many marvelous machines, some
of which are the last examples in the world.  They experienced a
terrible fire about five years ago, and lost about  25%  of their
collection, but have since recovered (I am told)

On a Texas note, the motorcycle shop that is the descendant of the
original one that set the Land Speed Record in Bonneville (thus
resulting in the "Triumph Bonneville") totally rebuilt the destroyed
original streamlined racer (with volunteer help and cash), and sent it
back to the Museum.

I'm strange enough to consider my Type IV motor just an oversized,
air-cooled motorcycle engine, so that's just my two cents.  Your mileage
may vary.

Mike Selvey
Nacogdoches, TX
'79 Westy (Santa Fe Edition)
'72 Norton Commando 750
'67 BMW R69S

Sorry, I had to repost this for Mike, I think I fixed the problem.

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.