[tcb] Re: Today's magic trick

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:55:00 -0600

It is leaking at the plate that hold the axle tube cups in place. I can see exactly where it is.

'68 bug.

I've got no problems, compared to you. You need to decide to "restore" that bus. Make a schedule, a small budget, more labor than money. Start at the front bumper and go towards the back. Electrical, brakes, linkages, suspension, etc. Drive your other car daily until you can make your bus safe and reasonably reliable (as reliable as an old VW can be). It seems like you are chasing ailments all over the bus and can't keep up.

After I lost 4th gear and put in a new tranny, it became a holistic health thing. If I am going to pull out and replace the tranny, then everything in that whole area needed to be repaired, replaced. It seems that Murray is broken alot (to me anyway) because I don't seem to be able to fix a thing without fixing all around it.

Murray was my shop truck and a daily driver in Dallas before we moved . He ran all around for nearly 8 years or so and took me 35 days and 3500 miles on the Florida trip before I started working on him again.

Make a program and you will be a happy motorist.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Today's magic trick
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:06:08 -0600

Today's majic trick will be FIXING THE VERY BAD TRANNY LEAK WITHOUT REMOVING THE TRANNY!!!

I have fgured a surgical method that I would not pay a mechanic to do. Sometimes you can figure a method of repair that would piss you off royally if the mechanic that you were paying did. Therefore it is a repair only an owner could do.

If it works, everyone is happy. If it doesn't,well there is always the correct way left to you.