[tcb] Re: Tie rods (again)

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:49:05 -0500

It's a '70 and the Bus Depot catalog shows 211415802F as the
non-adjustable, right side tie rod for '68 up and 211415801F as the
adjustable left side tie rod for '68 up.

I have both of mine off and except for the "non-adjustable" crimps they
appear identical (set near the same length).

So, I ordered an adjustable to replace the non-adjustable.

I'm going to pull the ends off of the new adjustable and replace them
with the ends I bought from O'Reilly Auto so that I have grease
fittings on all 4. If one fails in the future I'll have those two
(without grease fittings) as "fix it today" spares.

G2