[tcb] Re: Tie rods (again)

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, had to go look.  Both my 66 and 65 have non-adjustable tie-rods on the
right.  Wolfsburg West catalog shows non-adjustable rt. tie-rod through 67.  WW
catalog also shows 68 and later to have adjustable tie-rod on the right and
that the left and right tie rod are interchangeable and they are the same.  So,
will a 68 bay tie-rod fit on a split, and are the split tie-rods also
interchangeable between left and right.  If either or both or correct then it
would be easy to put an adjustable tie-rod on the right side of a split.  Have
not had a chance to check the Bentley manal.  Damn, why do you guys come up
with this complex stuff anyway.