[tcb] Tie rods (again)

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 00:48:46 -0500

Is there any reason to NOT put adjustable tie rods on both sides rather
than the fixed one on the right and the adjustable on the left?

 I stuck my head under the bus but must have been having a bad eye day.
I thought it already had adjustables on both sides so I went and bought
4 new tie rod ends.

Got some help and got them pulled off today and I discover that there
is actually the one fixed length tie rod and one adjustable.

The fixed length was installed on the driver (LEFT) side instead of on
the right where it's supposed to go.

So, I need to order one complete tie rod from Bus Depot. I happen to
LIKE the tie rod ends that I bought from O'Reilly. They actually have
grease fittings. The ones from Bus Depot don't.

So, is there a compelling reason for me to order a replacement FIXED
tie rod or can I just order another adjustable and use my new (with
grease fittings) ends in place of the stock (no grease fittings) ends?

Also, does the Bentley have the toe-in measurements in it somewhere?
I'm crossing my fingers that the front wheels don't get bumped while I
wait for Bus Depot shipping but ...

Thx,

G2