[tcb] Re: Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 07:07:33 -0500

Did you ever sell your 67?  That was a nice bug.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Jeff Bednar wrote:

I second that. (i'm down to two and a half vw's) but don't get rid of all of
them, you'll regret that as you have twice before.

Jeff Bednar

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2009, at 1:32 AM, Neil &lt;nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd keep the ones you enjoy the most (buses, of course).  Sell the ones you can
live without.  Use the money you make to keep the ones you keep alive and well.

Or, just give 'em all to me! (some o' that tongue in cheek stuff)

From: w.wood &lt;evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [tcb] Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 12:05 AM

I have a question for the list and

since my tongue-and-cheek seems to be a miss on some folks I

want to point out that I'm being serious here.

Recently I've been thinking of pulling back out of the

VW scene completely.  Some of this is philosophy some of

this is pragmatic reality.  I've gone

though this phase now three times in my life.  First get

VWs, then get out of VWs.  Then get more VWs then get out

of them.  I'm in the third cycle now.

I have 7 bussen, er station wagons, type 2s..   During

the second cycle I was once accused of running a junk yard

by my local constabulary.  But that's another story..

2 type 3s (Robb, you're right they're a curse) one

bug... er um zwitter, and a 61 vert project that's been

in that state for over 10 years.

So, here's my point.  Do you think it's time to

move on?  Get another hobby?  I can't enjoy all of

them and I don't have my own Smithsonian Wing awaiting

my collection...  My initial thought is keep between one

to three of them and just enjoy those and sell the rest.

What would you do?  Seriously?

--

My Email Moniker

http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx