[tcb] Re: Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:32:58 -0500

it makes life simpler...at least i'm starting to think that

Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:30:37 -0500
From: evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

Under those circumstances I would have to sell the wife and kids.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:

Plenty of blobs around too.

Will, what these guys said: keep the ones you enjoy, and sell the ones that are
a burden!

Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:16:43 -0500

From: evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Snobs or Slobs?  I also have heard that there's a lot of Slavs down there too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Eric Woodall wrote:

Then you've never hung around Houston.

Tons of snobs down here...

sammie smith wrote:

Snobs in the VW community?  Never!  Now there are some real (*%^(&(*^ heads,
but have never met a snob in the VW community.

From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 6:48 AM

when i sold hershey a 54 chevy 2 door post brased my finger tips, solid body,
near perfect floors COMPLETE with motor, tranny, everythign was there, just
needed to be rebuilt. straight 6's are cheap enough to rebuild, i looked into
it, talked to a friend of mine that builds early iron for a living, and almost
bought it. but something about vw's had me going back. since owning the 77,
then the 69, now the 58 and 66 parts bus, i've learned, there are alot of great
friends i have that share the vw hobby, in the early iron hobby they are all
snobs. granted there are some snobs in the vw community as well, but i just
don't see myself ever getting out of vw's.

i vote keep one of each, sell the rest, and enjoy them. oh and you were
bitching about the t3, a friend says it best, the factory made them a certain
way for a reason, when you go and change that, you create problems. ;)

> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:13:57 -0700

> From: fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx

> Subject: [tcb] Re: Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Go with your initial thought, keep a couple and enjoy them as inteneded -
> crusing and camping, not up on blocks.

> --- On Tue, 8/4/09, w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>

>> Subject: [tcb] Thinning the Herd - Serious Question

>> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 12:05 AM

>> I have a question for the list and

>> since my tongue-and-cheek seems to be a miss on some folks I

>> want to point out that I'm being serious here.

>> Recently I've been thinking of pulling back out of the

>> VW scene completely.  Some of this is philosophy some of

>> this is pragmatic reality.  I've gone

>> though this phase now three times in my life.  First get

>> VWs, then get out of VWs.  Then get more VWs then get out

>> of them.  I'm in the third cycle now.

>> I have 7 bussen, er station wagons, type 2s..   During

>> the second cycle I was once accused of running a junk yard

>> by my local constabulary.  But that's another story..

>> 2 type 3s (Robb, you're right they're a curse) one

>> bug... er um zwitter, and a 61 vert project that's been

>> in that state for over 10 years.

>> So, here's my point.  Do you think it's time to

>> move on?  Get another hobby?  I can't enjoy all of

>> them and I don't have my own Smithsonian Wing awaiting

>> my collection...  My initial thought is keep between one

>> to three of them and just enjoy those and sell the rest.

>> What would you do?  Seriously?

>> --

>> My Email Moniker

>> http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now. =

Get your vacation photos on your phone!
http://windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/photos/default.aspx?&OCID=0809TL-HM